Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Little Things


My guest bathroom was a really depresing place. It could have been that my boys have horrible aim and have painted walls, floor, and toilet so many times that it is impossible to keep up. It could be the poinsetta dishtowel hanging from the towel rack for a hand towel. It could have been the scummy container of soap on the sink. Of course, it could also have been the 1970's fixtures. Probably it was a bit of all that and more. I decided to make some quick changes and see if I could make it pretty enough for guests.

Hand towels in gold and burgundy 10.00
coordinating rug 5.00
potpourri 7.00
basket free (I already had one)
picture hanging above the toilet (free....it was hanging somewhere else, I just moved it)
new soap- 1.00
washcloths 5.00
I scrubbed the walls and every fixture with bleach until I thought I would pass out, which was probably a really bad thing, since, if I had passed out, I would have blocked the door and no one could have entered in to save me. Fortunately I survived. And fortunately, the potpourri saved the bathroom from smelling like bleach. For less than thirty dollars I have a room I can be proud of. And the boys have been relegated to an upstairs bathroom.

I bought everything at Target in case anyone wants to know. It was well worth the money, and the other two bathrooms may be getting a makeover very soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! It all looks good, but I'm particularly fond of the basket :)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Paint those white walls burgandy or red or blue. Love the picture and towels.