Friday, August 03, 2007
2+8, 5+5, 6+4, 7+3
Equals Ten. Ten incredible years married to my best friend. I could not have asked for a better ten years. In celebration, here is ten things I adore about Dustan.
1. He prays. Everyday. For me. Every prayer he says is like a sweet gift to me.
2. He hungers and thirts after God's word. He can so easily get lost in searching for Biblical knowlege. It inspires me to do the same.
3. He does dishes. And laundry. And vacuuming. And mowing.
4. He wants to be with me. He really likes me and would rather be with me than out with the guys.
5. He tolertates, with a great deal of patience, my many mood swings.
6. He reads to my children
7. He gives an incredible back rub.
8. He stopped wearing black socks with white shoes- just for me.
9. He is so good with money and because of that, our family has never been in need, or even in want.
10. (I think I will just leave this one unspoken)
We met in July of 1996. At church. We needed something to write our phone numbers on and grabbed these from the pews. I kept mine and Dustan kept his even though we didn't go on our first date until October. If you look closely, you will see that Dustan used his as a bit of a relationship journal. I am telling you...This man is a gift from God.