Monday, August 06, 2007

Someone Cut the Apron Strings



Yes, I know you think it's funny. It's not. Stop laughing. Guess who did it? Remember the old Family Circle Comic where the "Not Me" person was held responsible for all the family mistakes? It seems that "Not Me" has come to visit at my house.
Me: WHO CUT MY APRON STRINGS????
Weston: Not me.
Esther: Not me
Marcus: Not me
(I invison not me running around with scissors, gleefully cutting up my apron)
Me: WHO CUT MY APRON STRINGS
Esther points at Weston, Weston points at Esther, Marcus looks sympathetic towards both of them.
It is pretty easy to narrow down the suspects. It was Weston or Esther- most likely Esther. I have them both in their rooms until someone, anyone tells the truth.
Weston tried to get a reprieve. he comes downstairs and says, "Mommy, I want to tell you the truth." He hangs his head. "Esther cut the apron mommy."
Sigh.
I ask him him if he saw Esther cut the apron.
"No. but I didn't see myself do it either. So. It must be Esther."
Sigh.

Esther comes down.
"Mommy, I lied."
"About what."
"About saying no."
"You cut my apron."
"yes. I mean no."
Sigh

The mystery of the cut apron strings remains unsolved, and it is my guess it will remain unsolved for all eternity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was me. I did it.

xoxo