Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I had a write-in on Sunday with some fellow nano friends (aka national novel witing month members...or kaka stupid people).
I had a dare to include oompa loompas in my story (I had to use them white at the write in)...here is how I took the dare and ran with it.



Jaci skipped up to the choir loft and Reba ran down the aisle, her arm thrown out and her hand thumping along the tops of the pews. Thump, thump, thump, thump, thumpity, thump. Thump thump thump thump, thumpity thump...Up one aisle and down the next.
Oompa, Loompa, Doopity doo, sang Reba's mind, to the rhythm of her hands, the wood feeling hard and un-giving, and the song inside her head, willing her to skip.
Right passed Mrs Tolbert (who was- at least in Reba's mind, the twin sister in heart to the wicked witch of the West). Ooompa, lomapa.... she sang, under her breath... “that child is weird,” thought Mrs. Tolbert.




16,000 words now. I really wanted to have 18,000 by bedtime tonight, but I don't think it will happen.


And, because this is a homemaking blog, I wanted to share with you that my kitchen no longer has a gigantic hole above my oven...what once was a small cavern is now a microwave. I will try to put up some before and afters in a bit. This allwas me to start on my grand scheme for a baking center! Yay! The old microwave sat where my new baking center will be.

No comments: