Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Turkey

Is anyone tited of their turkey yet? I am. But I still had quite a bit left. I made up a turkey rice casserole for lunch and a turkey divan for dinner. Both recipes came from my dear sister and both I will share with you.

Enjoy:

Turkey Rice Casserole (this is ot a recipe really, rather a throw it all in and cook it how you want instruction guide)
Turkey (or chicken...I bet tuna would even work) No amount specified...use what you have.
Rice (did you know you can cook rice in the microwave???I did not until today, i cup of rice to 2 cups of water, put in a glass bowl, top with a plate...cook for 14 minutes EASY)
cream of something soup (whatever is on hand)
Some kind of veggies (I used peas)
Cheese
Mix it up in a casserole dish and bake.

Turkey Divan (Again...we don't use real recipes in our family- no amounts are ever specified...we just use what we have and eyeball everything)
1. Lay broccoli in the bottom of a 9x13 pan
2. Top with Turkey chuncks
3. Top with cheese slices or grated cheese
4. Mix a can of cream of mushroom (or chicken like I did because I had no mushrooms) and a can of evaporated milk
5. Pour on top
6. Bake at your favorite temp for your favorite amount of time...see...we just wing everything. My guess would be 150 for 30 minutes. everything is cooked, you just need to get it hot and meld the flavors together.

No comments: