Friday, September 14, 2007

Show and Tell Friday

I have decided to participate in Kelly's Show and Tell. Please go check out her website. Use the links listed to travel across blogland and visit other show and tells and since you are there anyway...sign up for her FREE subscription to her magazine. I got mine and I love it!

Without further ado, here is my show.

My dad made this box in 1968. He must have been all of thirteen years old. It is hard to imagine my father as a thirteen year old. It isn;t hard to imagine him doing pottery. I think he would be very content to sit in mounds of clay all day.
Some how, this passed on to me and I adore it. It's one of my most cherished possesions. It hold inside the toilet paper and stone "engagement ring" made for me at my wedding shower.

Here is daddy's little boy initials. Sometimes I just like to trace my fingers over that carving.

14 comments:

Susan said...

I can see why it would hold such special memories and feelings for you.
Susan

Reviekat said...

What a really special treasure to have! I think these kinds are treasures are so wonderful. :)

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

Oh wow, that's such a special treasure. The carving of you fathe's initials as a youngster is so priceless. I always smile whenever hearing stories about my father as a mischievous young boy and it's so cool that you have a tangible item to go along with your thoughts. Really cool!

Anonymous said...

Sweet. How special that your dad made it and you have his initials and date he created it. Enjoy!

Marci said...

That is really neat. I think the only thing I have of my Dad's when he was young is a pair of long underwear. =) I will have to blog about those one time. I wore them and my son wore them. They are still in great shape. They button of the front and lace up the back.

Tracy said...

What a special treasure!

Anonymous said...

How sweet to have something from your father's childhood!

LBP said...

What a wonderful treasure to have! Very special.

Linda

Carole Burant said...

What a wonderful clay box your dad had made...in 1968 I was 11 years old:-) It certainly is a treasure to have!! xo

Michelle said...

How sweet! ANd what a wonderful thing to have in your family
Michelle

Heather said...

What a precious treasure! Thanks for sharing this special box. Blessings ~

Sondra said...

How special to have something like that! That almost made me cry :)

Anonymous said...

So special! I can relate a little.
I have a bunny night light that my grandmother painted and it has her initials on the bottom. Now I use it for a night light for my children.

Kelli said...

What a wonderful treasure, so special!

Kelli