Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A platter of "I'm sorry", a bowl of forgiveness, and a cup full of love


A plate filled high with the rare form of tiny PBJ sandwhiches. I don't make these often because I don't often have bread, and because they are messy. Tea cups full of milk to soften the edge of a very bad day. A bowl full of cornchips because if ever we needed a treat to drown out our grumpies, this is the day. A table full of comfort food: kid style

Why was it such a bad day? Let my pictures tell the story.



Milk Bottle: broken by Weston

Windchimes: Broken beyond repair by the wind

Room: gone through and destroyed by Esther

School Book: Chewed up by Heidi

Baby Boy: Spirit hurt by angry monster mommy.

It was a bad kind of day. The kind I hope will never repeat itself. Here's hoping that apologies are accepted and that forgiveness can restore peace, love, and happiness. Here's hoping that they don't spill their lunch milk. And if they do? I won't cry. Again.


UPDATE: Esther climbed onto my counter and painted the entire surface of her body and the countertop in peanut butter. Someone come save me.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Was it as bad as that day, a few years back, when Marcus dumped the entire box of fruit loops all over the kitchen floor and he had dragged Weston down the hall, with a rope tied around his neck?

Becka said...

Now, see...I had been trying to forget that day. But yes, it was as bad as that day.

And folks, a lesson learned: You would NEVER be able to find a box of Fruit Loops in my house anymore

Anonymous said...

We will still be able to find peanut butter left out for Esther? ;) We love you Becka, I wish I could come rescue you. I'm just getting up from a four hour nap and I'll I want to do is go back to bed.

Sunshine Alternative Mama said...

Oh, I do hope tomorrow is a better day! Forgive yourself mama...you are modeling humanity to your children. Falling and making amends teaches much more than perfection does.

Val in the Rose Garden said...

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you! {{{Hugs}}}

Carrie said...

I remember "that day" very vividly. And, now that I think about it, every single time I see those stupid fruit loops in the store, I think about that. Don't ask me why. Maybe it's birth control?? LOL

Dannielle said...

I"m sorry it was a bad day. I love that lil' glimpse of George Bush though (that *is* him, isn't it?) Glad to see he's still hanging in there.