Thursday, October 19, 2006

Score!

I totally hit gold this evening at my local grocery store. My dear friend Tara gave me a heads up that there was a 10.00 off 50.00 coupon at one store that would be honored at the one I normally shop at. Whoopee, cause I was out of flour, sugar. oil, and yeast. How can I survive without all that stuff?

Guess what? Everything on my list was on sale except the yeast. Darn the yeast. Not only that, Boneless skinless chicken breasts were on sale for 1/2 off...so I did a bit of freezer stocking. Here is what I bought:

3 lbs of rolled oats
2 bottles of oil (crisco brand)
8 pounds of sugar
split peas
20 pounds of flour
2 boxes of cereal for Dustan
2 3 packs of yeast (because as I just saw, the three packs WERE on sale!!!! Bless the dear yeast!!!)
2 pounds of deli meat
12 pounds of chicken.

My total was 40.18

Ok, well, now that I have probably bored you to tears, I am off to hunt down some good recipes for my chicken breasts. Boneless skinless breasts are a treat for me...Yay!!!! No picking bones for me for an entire month!

I will be trying a new recipe tomorrow. Split Pea Soup . I have never been brave enough to try it, but I saw a recipe on a blog and was inspired.
Also, be looking for a post tomorrow about a special gift that Esther and I recieved from a dear friend.

1 comment:

Dannielle said...

That is a score. I'm jealous ;)

Hey...if you need any autumn fabric squares I'll share with ya (assuming you are truly copying my table runner idea lol). I have more than I need.