Thursday, October 19, 2006

Tea for 2+2


My good friend Tara felt badly about my horrible day on Wednesday. She is so good at empathising, and she called me yesterday morning with an idea for a treat. What a treat it was! Tara and I as well as our two daughters had tea at the Oatman House. I had to giggle at our girls as they carried a solemn face for the entire event. They almost looked shell shocked at all the finery. I found myself speaking in a false, sugary sweet voice, Margeaux had perfect posture, and everyone seemed to have changed personalities temporarily. It was so fun! The little ones chose whatever they wanted from the menu, which unsurprisingly was grilled cheese sandwhiches. Their sandwhiches were brought out on pretty plates and piled high with pieces of fresh fruit. Esther ordered a Shirley Temple and Margeaux had ice tea...in a tea cup...of course. We ordered 4 different deserts and tried them all. It was lovely and relaxing and something every mother should do with her daughter and a good friend.
To find a tea room near you, check out The Tea Map It will be worth the trip, I promise.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

How fun! I went to a tea room there when we lived there, with one of my friends. Don't remember the name of it now, but it was awesome!

And I agree with you on the whole "baseball being the most boring sport ever" - but - I happened to turn on the game in the bottom of the 9th inning and found myself, surprisingly, jumping up and down with joy when they won (and yelling at the pitcher when he was having issues striking those guys out) and scaring the crap out of my fur children in the process.

Wooooo hoooooooo they're goin' to the world series!!!!!

Dannielle said...

Awwww! That is too totally sweet!!!

I haven't been to a tea room in forever. Well, other than my imaginary tea room that I visit at least once a day lol.